Tuesday 29 January 2008



1 FISHING BOATS AT KINGS LYNN NORFOLK
2 STROLLING ON HUNSTANTON BEACH NORFOLK

I dont often paint landscapes, though I love water, so I surprised myself when I created these two pieces. I was on my way round the quayside to go shopping when I saw the fleet in with the fishing nets still up! Very naughty I parked the car up and went through the gate marked NO TRESPASSING or some such negative statement to go over to talk to some fishermen to see if I could sketch an little and take some photos. I must admit I used the photography for all the rigging detail, but glad I had seen it in the flesh so to speak, as there were 5 cabins and 5 masts and hulls you would never have realised otherwise.

As regards Hunstanton beach, I confess it is a made up situation in respect of the people and birds but otherwise based on a trip to this local seaside spot with lighthouse and coloured cliffs.

Both in acrylic on canvas at £225 each plus postage and packing.

3 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

Those fishing boats look so hard to paint. I can't even imagine painting all that netting and lines. Great job.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Thanks Jean - it took simply ages and ages and thought I might end up bosseyed. Wont do anything like that again in a hurry... but they looked so stunning in the quayside as I was driving passed I had to have a go.

Roshanda said...

Your paintings are so beautiful!