Tuesday 5 January 2010

SNOWDROPS IN ACRYLIC

In January 2008 when I was runninga GALLERY as well as a BLOG site, I posted the above gold and cream version of snowdrops in my series called BY THE WINDOW.

Since taking the girls back home after three days with us over New Year so that our daughter could really celebrate without any family commitments and staying to celebrate their other nanny's 70th birthday, I have wanted to get my acrylic paints out and play. Here is the result of using an image in my archives of the original snowdrops and simply playing with colour and texture - and I even cut strips of a leather type fabric to create striped curtains. I added patterns to reflect all the other colours in the painting.
Here is my latest version. It was fun just doing whatever I fancied and they certainly look very different. More painterly I feel and less decorative.

5 comments:

Ramona Davidson said...

Love the paintings. Such creativity and talent. Great art.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love this painting and ain't no way you look 74!

Claudia said...

Hello Joan,
thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm very happy to blog and paint again...
I like both of your snowdrop paintings...wonderful colours...like always!

Dave King said...

Two very successful paintings. I have also had a scroll through your blog and was most impressed by the two paintings of fields.

Unknown said...

These are great!