Wednesday 21 May 2008

WHITE LILIES IN ACRYLIC

I thought it was about time I added something to the gallery and now I have added a background to my satisfaction to bring out the strong shapes of the flowers, I have chosen the pair of acrylic paintings of lilies from my garden I started last year. The flower shapes have been created with acrylic paste, giving them a 3D effect and then painted. I have added gold and copper paints and beeds to make the works more decorative.
1 WHITE ARUM LILIES WITH COPPER BACKGROUND AND BEEDS
2 WHITE LILIES WITH COPPER BACKGROUND AND STAMENS
Although shown framed here in this posting, they are for sale as unframed canvases 16 x 20"
at £185 plus postage at cost.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

How lovely, I must say your blog shows much talent and divirsity- and csubimthank you for your kind comments on my blog.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Thanks Sandy - Im planning to get these two acrylic lilies on copper framed soon and think of going for wooden off white.

Sandy Maudlin said...

These are my two favorite paintings for sure. SO creative and well created.